Provide radical hospitality one burrito at a time.
The Urban Bicycle Food Ministry - Des Moines is an interfaith and non-denominational organization. Anyone and everyone is welcome to be a part of this ministry. We do not preach, proselytize or try to convert.
Since 2014 we have been serving radical hospitality one burrito at a time. Each Thursday of the week all year long we prepare and deliver hundreds of food and personal items by bike and car to those most in need in the greater Des Moines Area.
Urban Bicycle Food Ministry - Des Moines is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible.
What We've Achieved
- Served over 31,000 burritos and 8,000 PB&J sandwiches to those in need in 2017
- Provided a community to foster hospitality and community service.
- Use our love for bicycles and serving to create a community of volunteers.
- Share donated items like batteries, water, home-baked goods, fruit, bug-spray, blankets, hats, and gloves with those in need
- Built relationships with those in the Des Moines area who are many times overlooked and marginalized.